- Do you need help fixing up your resume? Your Tutor can provide free feedback online with a real-life person answering your question.
- Writing feedback is available 24/7, 365 days per year.
- FREE LIVE online tutoring is available Sunday through Friday from 3pm – 10pm.
Help is available in the following areas: Job application tips – Public speaking –Resumes – CVs – Cover letters – Business writing – Grammar and punctuation –Speech writing – Support for ESL and IELTS – Write a great business letter – Writing an email.
Choose Job Skills for Adults when you are prompted to select year level then choose the subject that suits your question.
There are many useful sites on the Internet to help you develop the necessary skills such as resume writing and responding to interview questions to find your next job.
- Australian Job Search
- Australian Jobsearch provides one way for job seekers to search for a job. It aims to help people find jobs and help employers find people. There is a vacancy database, information, and links to services that can help in the search for employment.
- Check out the CareerOne Series of videos on YouTube.
- National & overseas jobs database
- Career resources, job search.
- Apprenticeships Queensland
- Apprenticeships Queensland is an Ipswich-based Group Training company which employs local young people and places them with host employers as apprentices or trainees.
- Australian Apprenticeships
- This government site provides info about all aspects of apprenticeships in Australia.
- Byron Employment
- Search or browse job listings, receive Job Mail alerts, and view career info, recruiter contact details and training links.
- Career Tutorials from GCFLearnFree.org
- Move ahead in your career with tutorials on resumes, the job search, interviewing and more.
- Careerjet is an employment search engine.
- Careers multilist
- A job board advertising jobs vacancies by Australian recruitment Agencies. Over 500 jobs covering accountancy, clerical, secretarial, engineering…
- Careers Online
- Information for Job Seekers and Employers. Career research, resume help, job hunting tips, positions vacant / wanted and more.
- Looking for work?
- CRS Australia
- Part of the Aust. Government Department of Human Services, CRS provides vocational rehabilitation and assessment services to people with a disability, injury or health condition.
- Department of Employment (Australian Government)
- Information on current employment programs, ‘work for the dole’ information and worksplace relations.
- Division of Training – Department of Employment and Training – Queensland Government
- Fair Work Ombudsman
- This site includes information and links to information on wages, awards, leave entitlements and more.
- The official graduate outcomes web site. Information about graduate career destinations and how to find a job after you graduate.
- JIIG – CAL
- JIIG-CAL stands for: Job Ideas & Information Generator – Computer Assisted Learning
- Job Guide
- This is the online version of the government job guide given to year 10 students.
- Job Net
- A job site specifically for IT professionals in Australia.
- Jobs and communities – Queensland Government
- Jobseekers – Commonwealth Government
- Commonwealth Government portal with key links for job seekers including defence jobs, harvest trail and mining and resources sector job sites.
- Jobseekers – Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation – Queensland Government
- Information and support for disadvantaged job seekers.
- My Career
- An all-in-one job application site with features such as job alerts, resume manager and tips for finding a job. Job searching can be filtered to search the Ipswich region.
- Australia’s Career Information Service
- Queensland Department of Justice & Attorney-General
- This site includes information on industrial relations news and legislation, workplace health and safety and worker’s compensation and rehabilitation matters. The information specifically relates to Queensland employees.
- Salvation Army Employment Plus
- Employment services for employees and employers alike, the latest employment industry news, and brochures and newsletters to help you get that job.
- VETNetwork Australia
- Comprehensive set of links for job searching, career planning and education.
- The central hub of government information for young people. Includes links to Job Guide, Job Search, Career advice and more.
|To search the catalogue try these Keywords:|
|Ability Testing||153.94, 371.262|
|Australians– employment — foreign countries||331.124|
|Career changes||650.1, 650.14|
|Career development||650.1, 650.14|
|Cover letters||650.14, 808.066, 808.06665|
|Employment in foreign countries||331.124, 331.125, 910.202|
|Employment interviewing||650.14, 658.31124|
|Employment tests||153.94, 650.14, 658.31125|
|Job hunting||650.1, 650.14|
|Vocational guidance||331.702, 650.14|